Saturday, December 11, 2010

Every family has one

Well at least that's what I am told about the narcissistic dregs that we all know and love to hate.

The other day shortly after I wrote about my Grandmother my Aunt called me out of the blue just to tell me she loved me. I have some pretty  well timed calls from most of my wonderful Aunts that always seem to put things back into perspective for me on days when I just fell like folding up shop and heading to no-where-ville.

It seems these ladies always know when I just need that little bit of motivation to keep my head high and moving forward. This particular Aunt always reminds me how proud she is of me and even though I may not have done things the way others would, I am not wrong for what I feel or believe. She always reminds me that I should not hold anything back in regards to my feelings toward certain family members because they are simply not good people.

She always reminds me of the story of a co-worker asking her if she had a "not so nice person" (another expletive is used here) in her family and her reply is "yep, sure do!" then she proceeds to tell me who it is. I always laugh about it but I know she speaks the unabated truth as she sees it.

This same woman gives so much love to me, uplifts me and always renders me humble with her kindness towards me. She is so proud of who I am and that she got to be a part of my life, she treats me like her own child and always has.

Looking back over my life I was really blessed that my mother took so little interest in me and neglected me the way she did. In that negativity I found peace, hope, love, compassion and a family that I can be thankful for and even those who use others, take things for granted, demand to be first for everything and condemn everyone...I feel sorry for them today. They really don't know what it's like to be loved like this...no strings.

They say only an Aunt can love like a mother, listen like a sister and stand by you like a friend. In this case truer words were never written, my Aunts are simply amazing women who never let me get away with anything, told me I was wrong when I was and loved me all the while. If you happen to be one of these Aunts know you are loved more then words could ever express and I hope you know this niece thinks of you all as more mothers then my own mother ever dreamed of being to me.

For the Aunt who is nothing like those I speak of today you are the mean, spiteful, using and vindictive person that my Aunt spoke of...you know who you are and apparently my family does have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment