Monday, December 6, 2010

Harmless flirting

My friend and cohort, Momma D brought up a good point on another blog in the comments. She mentioned harmless flirting as being okay and healthy. She cited that it could be an esteem builder and a good thing.

I agree for the most part that it can be healthy and esteem building for the recipient, but what about the partner that has been seemingly forgotten? What if the complimenting person doesn't say nice things to the person in their bed? Wouldn't it stand to reason that it would be equally damaging?

I think there is definitely a line between flirting and outright disrespect of a partner. The only example I can think of would be a partner telling someone they look nice or even flirting with the best friend in most instances would be ok as long as it didn't cross the line. Crossing the line in my opinion would be as I stated earlier, forgetting your partner exists or as happened in my world with Shawn the constant looking over my shoulder at other women and telling me how great they were.

Seriously, if your with someone that look like me, short and "figured", with a tomboyish look of course its going to bother you if the man your with is checking out the tall blond toothpick dressed like shes ready to walk the runway! Come on!

I don't exactly think looking is the problem. I think the problem lies more within the relationship itself. If you aren't secure in it, yes it will bother you. If you don't get the compliments, yest it will bother you. If you have a low self esteem, its definitely going to bother you. If your p-m-s'ing, look out shits gonna hit the fan! lol

I'm not trying to say that there isn't room in peoples lives to give a little ego boost to others, however, your relationship at home should be where you start with that in my opinion.

As for admiring other gardens, go for it. Most gardeners are truly happy to give you a tour, explain what they do to keep the garden flourishing and even allow you a sniff or two (ok that sounds gross, lol), I think you get the point. Hell even some will give you starts to grow your own beautiful garden, but transplanting typically can bring disease too and you should use extreme caution doing it!

Ok, back to the point......

Harmless flirting. Is it truly harmless?

No comments:

Post a Comment